Wordpress security emergency! Rename ADMIN!!!
OK - so you may have seen the emails about all the extra hacking that’s been going on targeting Wordpress blogs. Well - a big problem is that most users set up their blogs using admin as the username.
The hackers know this and they are hitting WP blogs hard trying to gain access using admin to login.
This solution from wordfence describes HOW to change your profile form using admin as the login.
Yes - it’s a hassle - but really worth the time to change your admin logins to something else! Also while you’re at it - make your passwords a little longer and they’ll be much harder to crack!
To rename your WordPress ‘admin’ user:
- Sign in as ‘admin’.
- Create a new user using the steps below.
- Choose a hard-to-guess username, but don’t make it so difficult that you’ll forget it.
- Make that user’s role “administrator”.
- Choose a password that has upper and lower-case letters and numbers in it. Symbols are OK too. Never use the word ‘password’ in your password, even if it has a different case and includes numbers.
- Click “Add new user”.
- Sign out as ‘admin’.
- Sign in as the new user.
- Delete your old ‘admin’ user and assign all posts/pages/comments to your new admin user.
- Congratulations, you now have a more secure WordPress system.
www.wordfence.com - a good Wordpress plugin to protect you from attacks.
Linking tips for a new site - explanation of the benefits of not being TOO PERFECT in your site linking!
You can rank for LOTS of keywords on each page – not just one primary keyword target!
FREE BOT from Mike Liebner!
We had a great time at the webinar! You can see the replay and grab a free gift bot at
There is also a special offer to get 1 Year of Blogging Underground for free when you purchase Ubot studio through my affiliate link.
stop by to watch the webinar, grab the free gift bot and see the crazy special prices for Ubot Studio with a dicount coupon.
Free web page hosting?
Learn all about free hosting for websites of all kinds!
Free Web Page Hosting - stop by!
The new video from Mike Liebner and Blogging Underground is called The Power of Links and runs at over 58 minutes!
It is loaded with cutting edge info to help affiliate marketers and web publishers get more free search engine traffic from doing the things that work right now!
Topics discussed include:
- Targeting the right keywords.
- On Site and Off Site Factors.
- Good links and bad links.
- Natural links and spam links.
- Links that Google loves the most.
- Links that Google hates the most.
- Master sites and Feeder sites.
- Social Signals.
- Backlinking your backlinks.
- Site Freshness. Link Freshness.
- Guest Posting.
Does your web site traffic look like this?
If not you’re in need of some good quality web traffic!
Read up on the targeted traffic system that helps webmasters get the right kind of people to their web sites!
Are you building websites the right way from the ground up? If you are a member of Blogging Underground you are!
Step 5 of the Blogging Underground 12 Step Success Strategy is “Get Links to Your Brand New Site”.
This step is critical to making sure your new domain gets off to a great start!
I just wrote a detailed article called Brand New Domains and Link Variety - read it! It’s filled with great tips!
Blogging is as American as apple pie!
That is American isn’t it?
Secrets 2 Blogging - blogging and website building tips.